Monday, September 5, 2011

The time has come...

the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

So my "many things" that I'd like to mull over via blog will consist of the journey of life post graduation, sharpening the skills that the Lord has blessed me with, random everyday thoughts, my exciting traveling adventures, and reasons why I love life exactly where I'm at.


If I'm completely honest, I have been pretty anti-blog, since the whole Xanga phase back in sixth grade. Don't act like you never made posts similar to: "Today I ate foot loops for breakfast :( Normally I eat cinnamon toast crunch, but my dumb sister ate it all... oh well. Off to school I went where I saw (input cute boy's name here) who actually looked my way while passing each other after 3rd period! Good thing I was wearing my Abercrombie shirt today, so he knows how cool I am"...

Anyway, out with the old in with the new. Xanga is no more. I enjoy reading blogs thanks to my college roomies, and so I thought now would be a good time to start one.

I heard one time that "life is not easy but it is simple." I think so many times we over analysis and worry about certain situations and later look back and think 'really that was not that big of deal.' Through the journey of life maturity develops a concept of understanding the concept of delayed gratification. The perspective of knowing that 'even though I am not supremely happy at this very moment I know I can be again later' and giving your all at whatever task you are involved in, is revealed through maturity which only life experience can bring about. 
I am thankful for the life experiences I've had, for I know the Lord has a good and perfect plan and is preparing me for great things which I cannot even comprehend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment